A Work in Progress

Herein lies... well, just my blog really.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Airplanes are weird.

Something about waking up in Michigan, being (essentially) hurled into the air, and landing in Oregon is just bizarre.
Two-coast days are always strange for me.

A Progression
Detroit Airport to Chicago Airport to My Dorm Room:





On one of my flights I saw the most amazing thing: Turns out, you can see rainbows from 30,000 feet up, too. Instead of bows, though, the arc goes full circle so you get a sort of prismatic double-ringed rainbow cast to any clouds below. This was pretty mindblowing in and of itself, but at one point the plane was directly between the sun and a cloud below my window, and cast into the rainbow-ring's center was our plane's shadow, which flickered and morphed as it passed over the cloud peaks. A picture wouldn't have done it justice.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look like Aine is glad to be back in Foster!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a picture might not have done it justice, but it would have helped! that sounds awesome. I should fly someday...

-amy

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High in the sky!! I wish I coulda been there . . . xxxooo

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home