A Work in Progress

Herein lies... well, just my blog really.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Root Beer & Jay Mellies Tribute Pt. 2

Today was the last lab in the Microbiology section of Bio - as a celebration we popped the (lovingly self-crimped) tops on our homemade rootbeer and sipped away. Note my dormie Jane's doofusness and the series of tadpole development statuettes in the background.



Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to publish the last few Jay Mellies quotes that particularly piqued my interest:
When referring to Alexander Fleming's discovery of penicillin, "He was, as the Brits would say, 'going on holiday' and 'tidying up'."
“I’m gonna write out Major Histo-compatibility Complex for you – it’s kind of a mouthful without a lot of coffee.”
“Sounds kinda early in the morning to be talking about gastric juices.”
"My cell kinda looks like an upside-down duck."
On the topic of the innate immune defenses, coughing and sneezing, "Trying to expel the little buggers onto your neighbor.”

And the final and possibly best Jay Mellies quote, "Don't eat shit and wash your hands."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it tasted good.
I'm going to miss microbiology.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home